SOS International LLC Vector/Entomology Specialist in Iraq
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-180503-6831: Vector/Entomology Specialist
Location Overseas - Iraq
Open Date 5/3/2018
The Entomology Specialist acts as the department subject matter expert and will be responsible for the providing subject matter expertise for the program’s Entomology Department by ensuring the implementation of established company, department policies and procedures at Camp Taji, Iraq.
Essential Job Duties:
• Develops and executes an Integrated Pest Management Plan
• Develops and implements department-specific policies and plans to include but limited to Health, personal and environmental safety
• Provides guidance on technical issues to licensed and non-licensed pest management personnel
• Performs a variety of Administrative tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Urban Entomology or five years of additional field experience in lieu of degree
• Five years of experience performing all aspects of pest management services with a minimum of two years conducting Mosquito Abatement
• Valid Commercial Certified Applicator license under Pest, Termite, Weed categories as a minimum or DoD Certification with categories “6, 7 and 8”
• Valid driver’s license
• Extensive knowledge regarding wild and feral animal trapping. Mosquito surveillance, identification and abatement, bird management, warehouse management and procurement procedures
• Capable to perform physically demanding tasks such as climb, crawl, knee or bend down, and able to carry at least 30 lbs of equipment or gear for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work effectively with multi-national staff and demanding customers.
• Excellent office skills and proficient in computer programs, such as Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
• Prior experience working in the Middle East required
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• Ability to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs
• Extended hours or weekend work sometimes required to meet department deadlines