SOS International LLC Construction Planner and Estimator in Iraq
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-180328-6740: Construction Planner and Estimator
Location Overseas - Iraq
Open Date 3/28/2018
SOSi is seeking a Program Construction Planner and Estimator. The Program Construction Planner and Estimator is responsible for developing and analyzing plans, facilitating procurement requirements, and evaluating specifications to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for all program projects in Taji, Iraq.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and analyze construction plans
- Evaluate specifications to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates
- Participates in hard bid/estimating and budgeting activities by soliciting subcontractor support and evaluating bids.
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Contacts multiple subcontractors and vendors to obtain pricing for each bid item
- Consult with clients, engineers, vendors and in house staff for information during the bid process
- Write, submit, and track Request For Information (RFI) and clarifications
- Write scope sheets, instructions to bidders, distribute documents and instructions to bidders and bidder information
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers contractors, and subcontractors
- Participates in the internal estimate review process
- Prepares subcontractors bid packages
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs, relative to bids as the project develops.
- Assists in the pricing and bidding of all construction projects
- Assists in assessing quality and specifications of equipment and materials received
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 4-6 years of construction estimating experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; two years of experience may substitute for each year of college
- Accurate and detailed oriented with strong leadership skills, good and fair with people, a solid working knowledge of field operations and project management is required
- Must possess strong organizational, negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills, have the ability to work hands-on and independently, as well as part of the team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including, word, excel, and outlook
- Experience with and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Relevant overseas government contracting experience preferably with the Department of Defense
- Ability to wear Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) such as a ballistic vest and helmet
Work Environment :
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions