SOS International LLC Chinese Language Enabled Analyst in Vienna, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180529-6910: Chinese Language Enabled Analyst
Location U.S. - Virginia - Vienna
Open Date 5/29/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSI) Special Programs Division is seekinga Chinese Language Enabled Analyst toprovide language, cultural and analytic services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Collect data for the purpose of analysis and creatingfinished reports
- Developan understanding of the key sources in area of responsibility, monitor select sources as directed, identify key items for research and analysis, create summaries or reports for items of interest, and identify potential new data sources.
- Analyze disparate intelligence and extract meaning orrelevance
- Mustbepreparedandqualifiedtoprovidetranslationservices: thetranslationofwritten electronicandmultimediamaterialto andfromEnglishandthesourcelanguagematerialsinclude,butarenotlimitedto:socialmedia,business,legal, technical documents,and newspaper
- Generate products that include, but are not limited to: translations, reports andbriefing material
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Active Secret security clearance
- Minimum two (2) years analysis experience providing analytic support
- Must possess advanced Chinese language skills; read and translate Chinese on a daily basis and have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science OR Bachelor of Arts Degree is required; Master's degree preferred
- Experience translating andgistinggeneral and technical material to and from the source language andEnglish
- Be proficient in MS Office programs (Word,Excel,PowerPoint),ICtoolsandsoftware applications,Computer- Assisted
- ScoreILRLevel 2+ orhigherintranslating from the source language to English (speaking and listening not required)
- Ability to work individually or in teams
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- May require ability to lift/ and or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs