SOS International LLC Service Desk Specialist (TS/SCI) in Tampa, Florida
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-180417-6786: Service Desk Specialist (TS/SCI)
Location U.S. - Florida - Tampa
Open Date 4/17/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an experienced Service Desk/Production Control Specialist to support a Facilities Maintenance and Material Support contract with our government customer. The ideal candidate have prior experience in managing and scheduling work orders for maintenance tasks including carpentry, masonry, painting, basic plumbing, electrical, and preventative maintenance tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Serve as the single point of contact for the reporting, assignment, and tracking of all Remedy tickets, preventative maintenance checklists, and facilities maintenance and repair related issues
• Assist in management of emergent facilities issues
• Responsible for the operation of the facilities help desk for site customers; answer calls and prepare help tickets
• Manage the Remedy help-desk by receiving customer requests and initiating service tickets, coordinating, scheduling, and assigning work
• Tracking parts used and closing out help tickets upon completion; scheduling, issuing, and closing out preventative maintenance inspections
• Prepare weekly reports for on-going and closed-out work activities and coordinate with logistics for reordering of parts and equipment as needed
• Operate within all CE facility management regulations, policies, and customer guidelines and ensure direct steps to maintain real property
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
•Active TS/SCI security clearance
•At least two years’ of directly related or relevant experience
•High school diploma, GED or equivalent education required
•Understanding of the Air Force or Army culture, language and expectations for mission success
•The environment is very arid, dusty and dry. Deployed personnel will be exposed to extreme heat over long periods. Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
•Personnel may be exposed to hazardous conditions
•Ability to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs