SOS International LLC Information Security Specialist in Seoul, South Korea
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180912-7803: Information Security Specialist
Location Overseas - South Korea - Seoul
Open Date 9/13/2018
*** THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON A CONTRACT AWARD ***
SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Information Security Specialist to support a program providing intelligence analysis and operational support services in South Korea.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assist developing, drafting, documenting, and recommending training, policies and procedures to implement information security programs.
- Assist initial and annual training of original classification authorities (OCAs) and training records.
- Maintain records of biennial training for all derivative classifiers in the Command .
- Assist establishing and maintaining a self-inspection program, including periodic reviews and assessments of the Command's classified information and controlled unclassified information (CUI) products.
- Train all original classification authorities and derivative classifiers on their duties and responsibilities to exercise the authority.
- Train collateral-cleared personnel on the protection of classified information and CUI from unauthorized disclosure.
- Assist developing annual training plans for Security Managers and Command-level security training events.
- Assist in identifying knowledge gaps to effectively protect national security information.
- Assist in training the Special Security Representative (SSR) and Security Managers and develop solution to improve these programs.
- Assist with the Security Incident Program to include assisting the Preliminary Inquiry Officers (PIOs) for inquiries or investigations.
- Assist with conduct analysis on security trends to prevent future violations.
- Provide Information Security technical expertise to the USFK Command Staff during exercises or training events.
- Assist with SCI and collateral courier training and issue courier cards.
- Assist in reviewing, updating and processing the USFK Security Classification Guide (SCG).
- Assess with systematic declassification reviews to declassify records/documents.
- Assist with the Defense Courier Service (DCS) program for transporting classified documents within the Command.
- Assist reviewing classified documents, to verify properly classifications marks.
- Assist with random security checks at USFK facility entrances and work areas.
- Advise and assist the staff with security related issues.
- TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree with 4-6 years of experience, OR, specialized training and 4-8 years of experience, OR equivalent academic experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight to provide completed products that require minor revisions/editing.
- Korean language skills are a plus.
Work environment is normal for an office setting.
Travel up to 10% to other locations in country.