SOS International LLC Court Interpreter - All Languages - Rhode Island in Rhode Island, United States
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-170720-5673: Court Interpreter - All Languages - Rhode Island
Location U.S. - Rhode Island
Open Date 12/7/2017
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking qualified, professional, and experiencedCourt Interpreters to support a federal government customer in Rhode Island. Our job is to support our customer’s ongoing court cases by providinglanguage interpretation.
These cases are supported on an as-needed basis and require interpreters with flexible schedules. Shift hours will differ from assignment to assignment, based on needs of the customer. We provide the interpreter with as much notice as possible, anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks ahead of time. From time to time, we have rush requests due to a cancellation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Provides consecutive and simultaneous interpretation between respondent languageand English
• Leads three-way telephonic interpretations between Government representatives and limited English proficiency individuals as required
• Performs sight translation, occurring when an interpreter is given a written document in one language and asked to read it aloud in another language
• Provides quality control review of translated documents as required
• Performs other duties as required
• MUST have one (1) year experience as an interpreter in a legal setting.
•Legal Ability to work in the US
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish at a native level fluency. Proficient in both English and Spanish vocabularies typically used in formal, consultative, and casual modes of communication
• Ability to speak English fluently with clear and intelligible pronunciation
• Ability to perform simultaneous, consecutive, and sight translation
• Federal, State, National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT), or Judiciary Interpreters and Translators Certification Examination (JITCE) certification in interpretation
• Experience providing interpretation for Department of Justice (DoJ) Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) court cases
• Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Work is on an as-needed basis
• Office environment with differing locations depending upon assignment