SOS International LLC Senior Contracts Manager in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
CORPORATE-180904-7738: Senior Contracts Manager
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 9/4/2018
The Senior Manager Contracts is responsible for the management of the Contracts Administration function. Duties include management and administration of company contracts including overseeing proposal preparation and contract negotiation. Reviews and resolves all issues affecting company compliance and ensures satisfaction of legal requirements, company and customer objectives. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides comprehensive expertise with managing the organization through the customer contracting process with the U.S. Government, to include RFP analysis, drafting proposal assumptions, contract negotiation, and contract execution.
- Evaluates Requests for Proposal, Requests for Quotation and Government Contracts and interprets terms, assesses business and legal risk, and provides strategies to minimize loss and liability
- Negotiates and executes contractual documents to include but not be limited to customer contracts, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and consulting agreements
- Works with the Business Development Department in the drafting and review of proposals
- Analyzes company agreements and general business practices to ensure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and other applicable legal and corporate policies and guidelines
- Responds to, and/or assists with responding to claims against the company
- Acts as a trusted informational resource to internal business group stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, with our external and internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to serve as the key individual to communicate with client contracting activity personnel for resolution of contract issues and disputes
- Participate in planning, drafting and/or update in corporate policies and procedures related to contract matters; develops employee training as necessary
- Ability to build trust and confidence with internal and external customers to realize favorable outcomes for SOSi
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Direct supervision of staff
- Understand, adhere to, and promote company ethics and compliance policies.
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s degree preferred
- Ten or more years’ of contract administration experience, preferably in a U.S. Government Contracting environment
- CPCM or CFCM desired
- Familiarity with and knowledge of intelligence community acquisition centers, strongly desired
- Extensive knowledge of all Government Contract types: T&M, CPFF, CPAF, FFP, FPLOE, and General Services Administration Schedules
- Extensive negotiation experience
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices and rules relating to U.S. Government Contracting, including the FAR, DFAR, FAR/DFAR supplements and related statues
- Familiarity of Small Business Administration rules and regulations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- TS/SCI security level clearance strongly desired
- Working conditions as normal for an office environment
- Requires periods of non-traditional hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary
- Travel to customer sites and government acquisition centers as necessary