SOS International LLC Russian Linguist in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180503-6832: Russian Linguist
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 5/3/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Russian Linguist in Reston, VA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full range of activities in processing material or participating in situations requiring advanced capability to perform translation, transcription and interpretation tasks in support of the customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Translating and transcribing Russian text and audio into English
- Performing consecutive interpretation from Russian to English and the reverse
- Monitoring and reviewing open source reporting/media for translation and transcription
- Independently monitoring and researching social media in Russian to identify relevant content
- Creating summaries of collected information
- Responding to other assigned tasks as needed
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
- Candidates must possess native or near native competency in Russian.
- Candidates must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally completed in native country).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Russian translation.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office.
- No relocation available.
Upon successful verification of the above minimum qualifications and job description criteria, candidates will be processed for a TS/SCI and polygraph. Acceptance for this opportunity is dependent upon meeting all qualification/selection criteria.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Master’s degree in a related field or MBA.
- Experience in a cyber, scientific, research, or technical field.
Travel OCONUS on a TDY basis is a requirement for some of the languages under this program. Candidates must be able to support the program 24/7 when on travel.