SOS International LLC Linguists - Multiple Languages in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180503-6845: Linguists - Multiple Languages
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 5/3/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking Linguists - Multiple Languages in Reston, VA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full range of activities in processing material or participating in situations requiring advanced capability to perform translation, transcription and interpretation tasks in support of the customer.
Arabic - All Dialects
Kurdish (Sorani/ Kurmanji)
All others encouraged to apply
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Linguist shall differentiate information of value and summarize in a succinct, understandable format that follows the customer's Operations and Style Guide
- Linguist must read, write and speak the specific foreign language at a fluent or native level
- Research foreign and domestic websites and must be able to produce reports in a specified format and may be responsible for populating spreadsheets
- Gist, summarize and translate foreign language printed, electronic or audio/visual material into clear, understandable and idiomatically correct English
- Candidate must be familiar with the culture, media and language of their target area
- Linguist will be required to perform analysis Internet derived information
- Shift and weekend work may be required
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
- Candidates must possess native or near native competency in the target language.
- Candidate must be familiar with the culture, media, and language of their target area.
- Candidates must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally completed in native country).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in language support.
- Experience in using SharePoint and Microsoft Office.
- No relocation available.
Upon successful verification of the above minimum qualifications and job description criteria, candidates will be processed for a TS/SCI and polygraph. Acceptance for this opportunity is dependent upon meeting all qualification/selection criteria.
Travel OCONUS on a TDY basis is a requirement for some of the languages under this program. Candidates must be able to support the program 24/7 when on travel.