SOS International LLC Farsi Linguist in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180503-6844: Farsi Linguist
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 5/3/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Farsi Linguist in Reston, VA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full range of activities in processing material or participating in situations requiring advanced capability to perform translation, transcription and interpretation tasks in support of the customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Duties may includeindependently monitoring and researching various media to identify relevant Farsi language web content, performing translations of various types of documents, transcribing information into summaries, interpreting from Farsi into English, and responding to other assigned tasks.
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
- Candidates must possess native or near native competency in Farsi.
- Candidates must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally completed in native country).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Farsi translation.
- Knowledge of Iranian culture and politics.
- Experience in using SharePoint and Microsoft Office.
- No relocation available.
Upon successful verification of the above minimum qualifications and job description criteria, candidates will be processed for a TS/SCI and polygraph. Acceptance for this opportunity is dependent upon meeting all qualification/selection criteria.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Master’s degree in a related field or MBA.
- A background in media production or research in media trends and analysis.
Travel OCONUS on a TDY basis is a requirement for some of the languages under this program. Candidates must be able to support the program 24/7 when on travel.