SOS International LLC Help Desk Support Service Specialist in Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180621-7064: Help Desk Support Service Specialist
Location U.S. - Texas - Joint Base San Antonio - Fort Sam H
Open Date 6/28/2018
STG, Inc., an affiliated company of SOSi has an immediate opportunity for a talented Help Desk Support Service Specialist to join its team in support of the U.S. Army Regional Network Enterprise Center providing IT support ensuring the readiness and sustainability of critical infrastructure.
This position is located at Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio.
- HS +5 or AA/AS +3 or BA/BS +1 year technical experience
- Deliver interoperable and integrated standard common user office automation desktop software as approved for use by the Army Golden Master program.
- Provide on-site desktop, software, and peripheral support for NIPRNET and SIPRNET customers
- Reportsignificant outages and/or customer issues to appropriate government management personnel.
- Resolve desktop problems via Remote Control; add/delete accounts and reset passwords as needed; assist with Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) remediation.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, relocate, and repair desktops, Personal Digital Assistant (e.g. Blackberry) devices, printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify network problems impacting users and work with appropriate Tier II or III administrators to quickly restore optimum service.
- Troubleshoot WIFI and GFE provided broadband devices and VPN connectivity.
- Utilize network monitoring tools such asSolarwindsto monitor and proactively respond or alert appropriate support personnel.
- Submit daily systems reports and contact next level of support to escalate unresolved problems.
- Utilize automated incident tracking systems to record work orders. Provide technical customer support.
- Configure, diagnose, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair all MS Windows based laptops and desktops, MS Windows Office 2013 applications, NCES products (DCO Connect Online),instant messaging applications, WI-FI, andAirCardapplications.
- Utilize Active Directory tools to manage and create objects in MS Server 2003-2008. Utilize remote tools to connect to remote desktops. Applications include SCCM
- Assist users during briefings and events with all collaborative tools such as Google Earth, DCO Connect Online, Portals, and alert systems.
- Be required to perform 24 X 7 shift work in support of operational IT related mission/after duty hours on call/emergency requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the most recent version of Microsoft Operating System, Microsoft
- In-depth knowledge of Office applications (e.g. Win7, Microsoft Office Professional 2013), and other common desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat, VISIO, Tumbleweed; ability to quickly learn unique GOTS applications.
- Knowledge and experience communicating desktop support concepts to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation.
- IAT Level II (Security+CE, SSCP or equivalent) baseline certification required.
MS Desktop Support Technician or equivalent certification w/in 180 days.
Required to perform 24 X 7 shift work in support of operational IT related mission/after duty hours on call/emergency requirements.
- Secret with SSBI