SOS International LLC Technical Editing Analyst in Fort Meade, Maryland
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180425-6802: Technical Editing Analyst
Location U.S. - Maryland - Fort Meade
Open Date 4/25/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Technical Editing Analyst in Ft. Meade, Maryland.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Will provide editorial support to analysts writing CI analytic products in support of analyses conducted under this PWS in response to specific requirements listed in AR381-12, AR381-20, and AR525-13, and DoD Instruction 5240.18. PWS Para 5.2.22.
- The editors assigned to these positions are responsible for independently editing, designing, and managing the contents of the finished multimedia intelligence publications. These publications are disseminated on the INTELINK and INTELINK-S product server for the entire IC.
- Technical editors shall additionally be responsible for ensuring final products are written with adequate clarity for the intended audience, arranged logically, grammatically correct, adheres to accepted rules of style, and contains the proper security classification caveats and markings as directed by national/DoD/DA guidance.
- Final products shall be formatted in accordance with established policies and standards. The organization with these assigned positions publishes in excess of 500 formal analytic products per year.
- Modify templates developed in Microsoft Word 2003 for 24 existing product lines and sub-product lines for products that range from two to more than one hundred pages in length. Product lines include items such as: ACIC Special Reports (ASRs, five sub-product lines, each requiring a unique template), Foreign Intelligence Threat to the Army (FISSTAs, which are ten topic areas assigned by country), Force Protection Threat Assessments (FPTAs), Force Protection Notes (FPNs), Counterintelligence Notes (CINs), ACIC Terrorism Summary (ATS), Army Threat Integration Center Military Intelligence Law Enforcement Summary (ARTIC MILES), Information Papers, the Counterintelligence Analysis Quarterly (CIAQ), and Terrorist Threat Assessments (TTAs).
- Provide analysts with expert technical knowledge and advice in planning, coordinating, and the time sequencing involved in the steps required to produce a publication.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with SCI eligibility in JPAS.
- Must have 4 years of experience, at a minimum. This is not a technical IT type position – this is a publishing (think of a newspaper editor) editor type role.