SOS International LLC Somali Linguist in Djibouti, United States
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-171107-6214: Somali Linguist
Location Overseas - Africa - Djibouti
Open Date 11/7/2017
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking full-time Somali Linguists to provide Translation, Transcription and Interpretation support to U.S. Military operations throughout the Horn of Africa and AFRICOM areas of operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide translation, transcription and Interpretation, written and spoken communications from the Specified Contract Required Language(s) (SCRL) to English and English to the SCRL during diplomatic, general operations, interviews, meetings, conferences, document, medical and communications exploitation missions and other events
- Avalid active DoD SECRET clearance orTOP SECRET/SCI clearance is preferred.
- Pass preliminary and annual language test to the level required by the position and category
- Ability to conduct consecutive and accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation services of on-going conversations and intelligence collection activities using correct syntax and expressions
- Ability to accurately provide the cultural and ethnic context
- Ability to accurately perform document exploitation (scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for intelligence information)
- Knowledge of local culture and customs and ability to interact unobtrusively with the local populace
- Physically and mentally prepared to endure extended periods outdoors in all weather conditions and terrain while accompanying U. S. Forces (to include combat) environments
- Familiarity with and ability to properly conduct oneself in accordance with local culture and customsDESIRED SKILLS
- Ability to supplement language capabilities with knowledge of professional fields such as medical, logistics, communications, engineering, legal etc. is beneficial
- Personnel can expect to be deployed, live, and work with U.S. Forces in harsh and hostile environments