SOS International LLC Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Analyst – GA/Python in Charlottesville, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180515-6895: Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Analyst – GA/Python
Location U.S. - Virginia - Charlottesville
Open Date 5/15/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSI) is seeking a Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Analyst - GA/Python in Charlottesville, VA that will leverage the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to apply geospatial analysis techniques as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of intelligence professionals. The candidate will focus efforts on developing end-products and GIS-fused reports; analyze metadata for the purpose of improving the geo-location and additional characterizations of targets of interest; analyze GEOINT content and metadata to support the development of existing targets. Exploitation of complex information and coding of geospatial tools and application using Python programming language to enhance daily mission objectives. Applies basic-to-complex geospatial analysis techniques and performs sustained target analysis and enhancement through the use of geospatial analytic techniques; maintains appropriate databases for targeting, tasking, and analysis; and prepares tailored information and intelligence products. Applies experience, analysis and research for national security, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and/or target vulnerability.
Performs duties with minimal oversight; applies knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies; provides technical assistance to project leaders and program managers. Provides analytical assistance to other GEOINT and all-source analysts. Works as part of such teams under immediate direction of a Senior Intelligence Analyst. Provides user input to developers and conducts operational validation of novelgeospatial algorithms, tools, and methodologies.
Essential Job Duties
Successful completion of the tasks in this effort requires operational-level knowledge of the following capabilities:
Analyze geospatial data and develop Python code for analytical enhancement
- Identify, analyze, order, and assemble source materials for a government customer
- Create custom geospatial graphics, maps and charts
- Analyze numerous imagery sources to include NTM, commercial and civil
- Utilize multiple GIS systems, tools, and applications
- Utilize a multi-INT approach to research various sources
- Maintain logs of all work accomplishments
- United States citizenship and current (in scope) Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligible.
- Four years’ previous experience in an operational intelligence production environment.
- Four years’ experience using collection, research and analysis applications against classified and open source information, including use of GOTS and COTS software-based GIS tools.
- Two-year Intelligence Community (IC) experience with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), US Air Force National Air and Space Intelligence Center (USAF/NASIC), and/or U.S. Army National Ground Intelligence Center.
- Two years’ experience writing IDL/Matlab/Python programming code toward developing GIS applications to improve efficiency and/or focused on intelligence reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience. Two to five years of related experience supporting intelligence operations.
- In special cases, with the discretion of the appropriate Government representative, commiserate experience will be accepted in lieu of educational requirements.
- Relatively fast paced, time critical environment