SOS International LLC Senior Systems Administrator in Charleston, South Carolina
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
6-180815-7473: Senior Systems Administrator
Location U.S. - South Carolina - Charleston
Open Date 8/16/2018
SOS International, LLC is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our Program in Charleston, SC. Provide Systems Administration support and responsibilities for access privileges associated with the maintenance and management of the complexities of the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, systems administration, technical support, and problem resolution for the Development Network enterprise, datacenter, network, hardware and software operating platforms and desktop systems. Perform all aspects of the Tier III Systems Administration, support, maintenance and troubleshooting for the Development Enterprise infrastructure, environments, instances, hardware, and software.
Knowledge and experience with:
Microsoft Office Suite
Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems
Windows Server 2008 and 2012
Local area network hardware infrastructure
Desktop computer hardware
Knowledge and abilities in the administration ofActive Directory
Must be able to obtain a security clearance of “ Secret ” , to be issued by Department of State, Diplomatic Security.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- 5-10+ years of supporting Windows Desktop in a Corporate Environment
- Expert level administrator skills for Windows Desktop OS (Windows 7 / 10)
- Intermediate-level Active Directory architecture (Server 2012 / 2016) and troubleshooting experience including experience with architecting, implementing and troubleshooting Group Policy. Familiarity with directory replication and topology best practices and troubleshooting
- Intermediate-level Exchange Server (2010,2013,2016) experience. Understands Exchange roles and architecture, mail flow, SMTP, client connection protocols and fundamentals
- Experience managing and configuring VMWare infrastructure
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining network systems
- Experience scheduling and performing hardware/software installations, upgrades, backups, and data restoration
- Troubleshoots problems with network outages, peripherals, software applications and operating systems within established standards and guidelines
- Proficiency in PowerShell and other Windows scripting languages
- Understanding of DHCP, DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP
- Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs.
Preferred skill requirements:
- Experience with network management tools to monitor and tune the network and to discover and solve network issues
- 3+ years of managing SCCM
- Experience managing SCCM collection, package and application creation
- Experience with ISCSI and Fiber Channel SAN Technology and implementation.
- Control-M / batch processing experience is a bonus
Work conditions are normal for an office environment. A new state of the art gym is located onsite for those wanting to stay active. 7:00am to 5:30pm are the normal support hours, Monday through Friday. Also, the contractor may be required to provide the same level of onsite support for non-business or after hours to include holidays, weekdays and weekends asrequired.