SOS International LLC Russian Linguist in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180503-6864: Russian Linguist
Location U.S. - Maryland - Annapolis Junction
Open Date 5/3/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seekinga highly qualified Russian Linguist with current TS/SCI clearance for long term contract to support an Intelligence Community (IC) customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide specialized Linguistic support to satisfy programmatic requirements on-site at customer locations.
- Perform Focused open source data mining operations, such as targeted internet searches for material on key Science and Technology issues identified by customer personnel.
- Provide guidance and training to enlisted Linguist personnel to develop proceeding skills.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in translation of technical and military material (engineering drawings, manuals, maps...etc.)
- Current Test scores (within the past 12 months) at ILR level 3/3
- Required- Active TS/SCI (based on an SSBI)
- Ability to translate and analyze both written foreign technical and operational documents.
- Ability to conduct and employ all-source, including open-source, research/data-mining and fusion analysis operations and techniques
- Ability to utilize IC databases and analytical software tools.
- BS degree in technical discipline (3 years of additional experience is required in lieu of BS degree)
- MS degree
- 10 years of experience in translation
- Experience with intelligence cycle, analytical tools, and/or specific technologies related to the language and/or intelligence fields.